This mani was inspired by Robyn Moses' Daisy Wall Paper.
Most of the time, I am terribly intimidated by and in awe of Robyn's artistic abilities. But I continue to watch her videos, because she's inspiring. On Monday of this week, she put up a you tube video titled: Daisy Wall Paper.
I wanted to try it, but I was apprehensive. I dug around in my gift bag of nail stickers and found these...
These daisy stickers are really cute, and would have worked fine. I just felt I needed to try to paint the daisies instead.
Confetti Silver Slippers, Sally Hansen Lavender Cloud, China Glaze Swing Baby, Wet n Wild The Wonder Yellows, Kiss Nail Art Paint White, Piggy Polish Mystic
Two sizes of dotters, and thin tip brush
- Painted Kiss Oval Active Length full cover nails with 2 coats of Silver Slippers.
- With the small tip brush, I painted all the daisy petals with Lavender Cloud. Let dry.
- In the daisies' centers I used the bigger dotter with the Swing Baby. Let dry.
- With the White nail art paint, and using the small tip brush, I went over the daisies' petals at the ends. Robyn said this would make them more 3-D.
- On the Swing Baby, using the smaller dotter, I dabbed on The Wonder Yellows.
- Once that dried, I used the smaller dotter again, and dabbed on Mystic in the daisies' centers, over The Wonder Yellows.
Of course, Robyn uses paints and brushes and is a true artist. I think though, I was able to come up with a reasonable reproduction with the nail polishes and tools I used.
What do you think of my Daisies?