Welcome!

Welcome! So glad you stopped by my little bit of blogdom. Here I share my hobbies of nail polish, nail art and glue-on nails.


Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mosaic 2- or What to do when the press on nails get pithy at the cuticles

I really was hating the way these nails were looking after 4 days wear. It only happens with press-ons with french tips. The "naturalness" of the nail bed on these french tip nails get dried out. That's the best I can describe it.
Broadway Fashion Diva "Boa"
They start to look "pithy" at the cuticle edge and I can't stand it. Instead of removing them though, I decided to paint over them.
Two coats of white polish. OPI Alpine Snow
I saw online that white polish acts as a primer and will make bright colors "pop". Thanks Robin Moses for that tip! I needed 2 coats to cover the boa/notes artwork on the french tips.
Polishes Front Row L-R: Sinful Colors Queen of Beauty, Sinful Colors Dream On, Wet n Wild Fast Dry Teal or No Teal, LA Colors (no name) Orange, Wet n Wild Fast Dry Sage in the City, Kiss Nail Art Paint Black, LA Colors Bright Orange, Sinful Colors Neon Melon
Each nail got a dab of each color, except the glitter.
I used the LA Colors Bright Orange to fill in the wee gaps that the polish brushes were too big to go.

One coat of Sinful Colors Queen of Beauty glitter polish over all.
Inspiration: Stained glass floral night lite
And here is the finished look!
I painted black lines dividing each color to make the mosaic, stained glass look.
Wait a few minutes after painting the black lines. 
Apply quick drying top coat and you're done!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...