Welcome!

Welcome! So glad you stopped by my little bit of blogdom. Here I share my hobbies of nail polish, nail art and glue-on nails.


Friday, November 11, 2011

Midnight in the Garden

The fimo slices I ordered from Hong Kong finally came! It only took a little over 2 weeks. I was elated because the shipping notes said it could take up to 8 weeks!

L-R: Sinful Colors Queen of Beauty, Sally Hansen Gunmetal, In the Spotlight
For the base, I used 2 coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear 310 Gunmetal.
Gunmetal is such a beautiful dark grey. It really is gorgeous on it's own.

Once that dried, I added a glitter coat of Sinful Colors Queen of Beauty.
And then side swipes on the cuticle edge for stars in the sky.
Here are the fimos I used in the nail art.
 When I saw the butterflies and dragonflies I was excited. I thought the neon orange butterflies would look particularly striking against the Gunmetal grey. 
 I was really disappointed when the neon butterflies just vanished under the clear nail polish. I have had this happen before with orange fimo slices of fruit. Oh well... I eventually used a small dotter and white polish to make something of those neon orange butterflies show up.
The lovely leaves!
Now this is a subjective choice--which way to orient the nail art.
Should it be facing the wearing or facing out, to the observer?

I have seen nail artists (those who paint on other's nails), always orient the nail art work as if they are looking at it. The wearer would have to turn their hands to see the nail art.

I have also seen those who do nail art on their own nails to always orient it for the wearer to look at it correctly. To an admirer the nail art is upside down. I hope I'm describing this correctly.

What do you decide to do when you make nail art?

With this design I decided to put the leaves at the tips, and the butterflies toward my cuticles.
Is it right or wrong? I don't know. I would just rather extend my fingers out to show people who comment then try to contort my hand in a way for them to see what I was getting at.



 I added rhinestones after the fimo for more eye catching sparkles.


Love how these turned out. What do you think?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...