Welcome!

Welcome! So glad you stopped by my little bit of blogdom. Here I share my hobbies of nail polish, nail art and glue-on nails.


Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fake Nails Collection Consolidated

As you may know, we are packing to move. I have been coming up with ways to move my fake nails, and polish in the car. Everything has to be reduced in size as much as possible.

These are the piles of packaging that are going to the recycle bin.

Oodles of Noodles...er...plastic


So my collection went from that to this...
Everything now fits into a shoe box!

I took all the nails (well 98% of them) out of their packages and put them into snack bag zipper bags. I cut the front of the box and put that in with the nails so I know what is what.

Nail Glue pens from packages

Nail files from packages fit into a rigid box that some nails came in.

Cuticle Sticks from packages now recycled into a rigid plastic nail box.

Now I can take my nails in the car when we move, and it won't take up much space. Another thing this project did for me was take the "mystic" out of my collection. I struggle to "destroy" anything that is visually pleasing. That made me hesitant to open the pretty nail packaging and use the nails.  Now that I've cut open every box and removed the nails, I'm freed of that emotional hesitation.


I had made a video of all of this, but it was putting even me to sleep. 
So I used Magisto on youtube and remixed it into this silly video montage.

2 comments:

Olivia C. said...

Yay! I'm glad you were able to get everything squared away. I hope y'all have a successful move! :)

Kay said...

Thanks Olivia! Just wish all the packing was this easy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...