Welcome!

Welcome! So glad you stopped by my little bit of blogdom. Here I share my hobbies of nail polish, nail art and glue-on nails.


Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Break From Reality

Ok. Not a psychotic break, but a mental break from everything we're dealing with about this move. I just needed some time with my polishes, and acetone fumes.

I decided to try one of the instant polish pens I have.

I covered my nail, in a cream color (forgot to take a pic) and then added red and black dots. (I dreamt of Zombies last night. This reminds me of bloody eggs...eek!)


I was researching pirate nail art on youtube. Someone did this, only better.
I used a dotter to make the red stripes then added the white stripes and black edge with the dotter.

And finally, I went all dotty. I won't show you my right hand because the lines are just too wonky.

Now here's the odd thing. I used a different nail building base, Barielle Protein, then Essie Ridge Filler, and Nicole Polish Pen, and then these polishes. A little while later, I noticed that the polish was pushed back from my nail's edge.

I pushed a little more and this happened...
Yeah. The polishes peeled down to the bare nail bed. Have you ever had this happen?

I peeled every nail of polish and took short work to clean up what little was left.
Maybe the polish underneath was not completely dry.

Well, I'm about thisclose to gluing on some nails because I miss 3-D pieces. Yep, I'm addicted to bumpy nail art. And I suck at doing nail art with my left hand. It's very limiting.

After I made this post, I put on some new nails. I'm going to do a video for tomorrow with all the new stuff I ordered and bought over the weekend. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Olivia C. said...

I like all the designs you did! Such a bummer when the nail polish peels that way. I actually just had that happen to me yesterday. I got so mad and just took all the polish off. So I'm back to having nothing on my nails. That's so annoying! Can't wait to see your video. :)

Kay said...

Hi Olivia! Yeah, I was shocked when it peeled off but it made cleaning up easier. I'm not going to get to the video today. My allergies are killing me! I'll get to it sometime this week. Thanks for your encouragement! Hope you have a great week at college!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...