Welcome!

Welcome! So glad you stopped by my little bit of blogdom. Here I share my hobbies of nail polish, nail art and glue-on nails.


Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rainbow Nails Using Broadway Fashion Diva Nails Short Length

I won this box of nails in a contest.
Now they are short length which is a nice size for me, BUT I've got short nail beds.
 In this picture, I'm trying to show you how my natural nail edge would show through these nails, even though they are short in length. The Painted tip and design just doesn't come down far enough to cover my natural edge.  And unfortunately, I lost most of my nail growth during the Great Desperate Phone Call of last Sunday. Our daughter was in NYC for the first time, she was lost, and it was after midnight.

I reverted to my old coping mechanism of chewing on my nails. By the time she was directed by my husband to where she was supposed to be, I had one nail left. Egggadddsss!

Anyhow, I decided to do something other than file down the bottom of all these nails, losing most of the curlicue design along the nails.

I took most of the colors in this Wet n Wild Nail Pail, and painted a line on the backside of the nail, below the french tip. The Broadway nails bases are clear so the polish shows through.



I thought I took a picture of them before I applied them but I guess not.  I selected the nails, held them on my natural nail to determine where my natural nail edge was and how much nail polish to brush on the underside of the glue on nails. The tabs on the glue on nails made it easy to hold and paint with the polishes. Each nail was painted a different bright color.



After the polish dried, I glued on the nails. I painted 2 coats of clear glitter polish over the nails, followed by a coat of quick drying top coat.
Natural light shots

I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out.  I like the length. 
They are short and don't get in the way with typing.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...