Welcome!

Welcome! So glad you stopped by my little bit of blogdom. Here I share my hobbies of nail polish, nail art and glue-on nails.


Friday, May 27, 2011

I can show you now!

Our daughter is coming back from NYC tonight. She graduated from university in December and works from home so she's almost always here now. I can't do secret scrapbooking when she's always around.

I have been holding onto 2 of these for a the last few months. My daughter would ask what I was planning to do with them, and my answer would always be vague.

 I turned these cheese wedge boxes into these:


Trinket Boxes!
The one on the left is for my mother, and the one on the right is for my daughter.
Mother's trinket box side with trim
 I found out, after trimming all the paper away from the intersecting edges on my daughter's trinket box, that trimming wasn't necessary. The thin scrapbook paper folds sharply and when glued down, doesn't keep the lid from closing on the bottom of the box. Next time, I won't trim away the excess. I would advise though to let it cure overnight by keeping the lid on the box. That way it dries to the ideal shape to fit onto of the bottom.


Daughter's trinket box side with trim

 Each box has a surprise in the bottom.
Interior: Mother's trinket box
Interior: Daughter's trinket box
Each box also has a set of diskpics of my daughter's graduation.
I punched a hole in each disk and mounted a small photo on the front. I got the mini-photos by cutting them out of 4x6 collage prints. On the back of the disks, I wrote a caption. The disks are strung together with elastic gold cord for hanging, freeing up the trinket box for other treasures. I just wanted something different than a scrapbook to commemorate the event.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...