Welcome!

Welcome! So glad you stopped by my little bit of blogdom. Here I share my hobbies of nail polish, nail art and glue-on nails.


Monday, May 16, 2011

Orange Polka Dot French Tip Nails

As I've stated before, I really love french tip nails. Especially ones with pops of color at the tips. I buy pre-painted french tip nails, some classic white, some with design and color. But I find that with my short nail beds, the top of my nails end too far from the edge of the pre-painted french tips and sometimes can be seen.

One of my goals has been to duplicate a french tip look on my own.

Recently, I discovered that Revlon's Gray Suede suits my skin tone very well to mimic the flesh tone of my nail beds.

This weekend, I took out 10 Kiss Oval Active Length nail blanks, and got to work on making some colored french tips.

Here's the polishes I used:
 LA Colors orange. I can't tell you the name of the color because it's not on the bottle. I bought this at the Dollar Store. For a buck, I can live without knowing the name. The other polish is the Revlon Gray Suede.  I also used Kiss's Art Polishes in white and black.


Placing the nails on this, my "non-sticky-sticky-non-sticky board"
I polished the whole nail with Gray Suede, taped off the tips with Nailene's French Tip Guides, and polished them with 2 coats of orange.  White nail art polish for the dots. Removed the guides and free handed the black lines. It's not perfect, obviously, but I like it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...