Welcome!

Welcome! So glad you stopped by my little bit of blogdom. Here I share my hobbies of nail polish, nail art and glue-on nails.


Friday, April 15, 2011

Minnie Mouse inspired nails


In the photo above, I am showing the nail art I wore for a trip to Florida.  After scouring the video webs for ideas, I came up with my own version.
What you'll need:



And a q-tip with an end snipped off for a dotting tool if you don't have a dotting tool.  The red polish is Wet-n-Wild Wet Shine "Red Rouge." Any fast drying top coat will do. Have something to pour some of the white nail paint into, like a pallet. I use a small, old ceramic pan we no longer use.
 This comes in handy too:




This is another video web discovery. It's a lid from a small box. I call it "Non-sticky-sticky-non-sticky." I take a strip of duct tape and put it on the box, in the middle, sticky side up. Turn the ends and secure underneath the lid. Then take another strip of duct tape, and cut it down the center, lengthwise. Each sticky piece goes on either side of the middle piece, sticky side down.
So that's:

  1. Non sticky
  2. Sticky
  3. Non sticky
I can't paint very well with my left hand on my right hand nails. This little lid is a handy way for me to paint the full cover nail blanks, before I glue them on my nails. I can paint about 3 or 4 times on this before I have to change the tape.

Minnie Mouse Inspired Nails:

  • Select 10 full cover nails that fit your nails. Press into sticky strip on sticky lid.
  • Paint nails red. Let dry.
  • Add white dots (from what is poured in the pallet), using your dotting tool.
  • Let dry. It's probably best to do this nail art over a couple of days.
  • Take black nail art polish and make black bows. (Practice on paper towel if needed). I made triangles connected in the center. They're not perfect but I'm no artist.
  • Let dry completely over night.
  • Add sliver dots with either brush or dotting tool in the center of each bow.
  • Let dry completely. If you rush it, it will smear.
  • Apply fast drying top coat.
  • Glue to fingernails per directions on box.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...