Welcome!

Welcome! So glad you stopped by my little bit of blogdom. Here I share my hobbies of nail polish, nail art and glue-on nails.


Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Vanity Fair Hollywood Cover Inspired Nails

I bought the latest Vanity Fair mag the other day. I just love the Hollywood fold out cover editions. The nails and polish are inspired by this beautiful cover.


I started off with Fing'rs California girl short length nails with black and floral design tips.

The length of these nails are so natural looking and comfortable. However, I'm all thumbs when it comes to applying them. They are so short and I can't grab them and put them on without getting air bubbles. Ugh! But I love the length and design so I came up with a solution. More on that in a moment.

As I said above, I got inspired by the Vanity Fair Hollywood edition magazine cover.  The actresses and their dresses are just gorgeous. I love the 1940's feel to the design of the dresses and cover. Rooney Mara's black bob is striking with her pale pink dress. And that's what gave me inspiration when I was faced with 8 fingers of air bubbles.

I took Confetti Dreamdate and added a layer over the nail beds, avoiding the floral design. Then with Wet n Wild Hallucinate, I covered the floral designs, avoiding the black tips as much as possible. By doing this the air bubbles are much less noticeable.




What do you think of my nails? Don't you just love the cover design? Where do you find inspiration?

2 comments:

Natalie said...

What a glossy glamourous cover! I love your source of inspiration.I can't speak to where mine comes from,although if it included my dreams I would be doing alot of sci-fi,mystery,and horror designs. I don't let that part come out to play though.

Kay said...

Hi Thalie! I've been having some vivid dreams lately but can't remember them once I wake. Kind of interesting where we all get our ideas though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...