Welcome!

Welcome! So glad you stopped by my little bit of blogdom. Here I share my hobbies of nail polish, nail art and glue-on nails.


Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mother's Day Card

My mother. God bless her. She was never the Susie Homemaker type. She worked all my life and most of hers until 7 years ago when she finally retired at the age of 75.  But then, she didn't even really retire. She still has a storage business, and I dunno what other irons in the fire to earn money.

So all those Mothers Day cards that said she worked miracles in the kitchen, don't apply. My mother cooked but her favorite cuisine was Hospital Food. That's right. She loved to go to the cafeteria at the hospital. Best tasting food to her.

I remember growing up with mostly bland tasting food, but there were exceptions.

In no particular order:
  • Broiled steak
  • Lasagna 
  • Pot roast (Loved the meat. Hated the mushy carrots, celery, and meat flavored potatoes I was forced to eat. It wasn't until I was a grown up did I find out those vegetables, the carrots and celery are for flavoring, and not meant to be eaten with the meal. Or better yet, put the carrots in about 30 minutes before the end, so they are fork tender and sweet.)
  • Spanish style Rice-a-roni (Don't laugh. When I was a kid, my mother made this, for me and my brother when she was running late and our dad wouldn't be home for dinner.)
  • Water melon basket filled with melon-ball fruit
The list of what was worst is longer but since this is Mother's Day, I'll stick to the short list.

So in honor of what my mother was, and not what she wasn't, I made her this card.


Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...